We’re looking for a superb detail-obsessed person that loves nothing more than seeing brilliant design translated into the digital world (aka a Midweight Digital Designer)
Hello! We’re curious…about you really. And whether you’d be excited by what we do and how we think. We’re a strategic, creative digital branding agency collaborating with brands from all over the world. We help brands arrive at Fresh or New or Different or Bold or Disruptive or Inspiring or Human and we take an analytical, science-y, creative, data-immersing approach to get there. We find the latest start up a new name, help big tech companies stand out online, find ways for household brands to remain relevant…the list goes on. When clients can’t quite put their finger on something…we uncover the answer for them. We make the invisible, visible.
We are always led by the needs of the brand but, as our name hints, we help brands be curious about themselves, about their audiences, about their competitors, about the future – so they can rise above the bland. Afterall…wouldn’t the world be dull if you always knew what you were going to get?
If you think so too, we want to hear from you! We’re looking for a Midweight Digital Designer to join our growing digital team. In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to show your passion for creativity, and technology, deliver exceptional experiences, stand up for your work and your teams and inspire both the team and their clients. You’ll be concepting and developing UX/UI design for various platforms and leading decisions on functionality and innovative design, pushing our development partners to build exciting and intuitive digital experiences.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate your ability to create and deliver intuitive, functional, and beautiful designs. You’ll be bright, ambitious and thrive working in a collaborative environment alongside other creatives, digital designers and strategists… and a lovely team of passionate Account Managers.
In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to show your passion for creativity and technology, deliver exceptional experiences, stand up for your work and your teams and inspire both the team and their clients. You’ll be concepting and developing UX/UI design for various platforms and leading decisions on functionality and innovative design, pushing our development partners to build exciting and intuitive digital experiences.
What specifically will you be doing?
- To balance the need to design for the user and solve business requirements/problems in your approachto all design decisions
- Direct and influence our UX process, from developing user personas, user journeys through to wireframes and developing a design system
- Support and help to develop designers within the team
- Presenting work to clients and prospects by clearly presenting and communicating design rationale and technical aspects of a design
- Ability to handle several projects at one time
- Inspire and motivate the design team and others in the studio
- You challenge how things are done and are always looking for a unique way to bring brands to life in a digital environment
- Directing and designing seamless UX across all devices by designing for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Communicating/collaborating with developers to ensure the integrity of the design is retained
- Providing colleagues and clients with best practice digital design advice
- Participating in Curious development, values and culture
- Input to insights, thought leadership and R&D experiments
Just checking that you know…
- Comprehensive skills in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Agency experience
- 4+ years’ experience in digital design
- Experience and understanding of front-end development, its flexibilities and limitations
- A strong digital portfolio
- Someone that’s passionate about design and stays ahead of the curve on digital design developments and best practices
- Creative and ideas driven
- Strong communication skills. Be able to influence and inspire a team of creatives
- Exceptional layout, typography and design skills
- Someone who is meticulous, organised and able to multitask
- Incredible attention to detail. Ensure your work is fully critiqued/fit for purpose from commercial, client and creative/technical perspectives.
Most importantly, you as a person
As we look to grow Curious, we are placing a huge amount of importance on the people and talent we bring with us. Choosing who joins our team isn’t something we’ll be taking lightly. We have spent a lot of time over the last year refining what it means to be Curious, culminating in developing our Company Values which feed directly into how we work and act with our clients and each other. This, along with our vision to show the world how curiosity can shape the future we want to see next, will continually guide us forwards and shape how we grow.
In order to achieve this, we’re on the hunt for true talent. Not the kind of people who just clock in and clock out every day. But the ones who wake up and know what gets them out of bed every morning. They’ve got fire in their bellies. We need every single person who joins us to be ready for what we know we can achieve. We’ve got big plans. But we’ve also got a brilliant product that we’re ready to shout about. Our plan isn’t complicated. All we want to do is the best work possible, for the best clients possible, with the best people possible. Simple, right?
Curious about Curious?
Of course, we’re open to any questions you have about us. We feel sure you’ll have lots. To pre-empt a few…we’re a small, tight team and we genuinely love what we do. We care about creating an environment that brings out the best in people. We’re naturally curious and challenging and questioning which could explain why we attract wonderful projects, of all shapes, sizes and flavours, from all over the world.
We have a spacious quirky office in Soho which curiously used to be a Ballroom (don’t worry – you don’t need to be able to dance to work here).
How we look after you in return…
We offer a competitive salary and a generous ‘Package of Perks’ – or POP for short.
- 25 days off, excluding bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Vitality health insurance
- Life insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular appraisals
- Quarterly rewards programme
- Dedicated training & development plans
- Access to online training platforms as part of our Growth Plans (Masterclass, Skillshare, and Magpie Learning)
- Curious exploration budget – want to colour your brain with something new and interesting? Tell us! We’ll make it happen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Curiosity budget for training and development
- Fully stocked snack barA dog-friendly office (we do love having furry friends around!) If we can accommodate, we will!
Curious is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Curious? Get in touch with your portfolio and CV and tell us why we should be curious about you.