(AKA a Brand Strategist)
We’re on the lookout for a stunning strategist to join our award-winning team. This special someone will need to be able to join the dots that nobody else in the room can see and find those hidden magical opportunities for brands. (It also helps if they’re a post-it note fanatic.) Think you can take on the challenge? Happy scrolling.
Thanks to our continual growth here at Curious, we’re in a brilliant position to add to our already fantastic team with a brand strategist to work across all projects within the agency.
As a strategic creative branding agency, we need to lead from the front with razor sharp thinking from the get-go. Our clients are not just looking for a beautiful brand, they need help to overcome complicated issues in a way that totally fits with who they are. So, whether that’s changing perceptions or growing their offer, it’s our job to work closely with our clients to work out what matters for them and their customers, and then create a positioning and brand around that. We’re always always always led by the thinking – it’s how we know whatever we do creatively is spot on.
To be successful in the role, we need someone who can take a step back and think about the whole picture. This job requires a lot of skills that need to be used all at once to get the most out of projects. You’ll need both an analytical and creative brain that can work out what the problems are and distil it all down to the most important and engaging single-minded idea. When you’re not coming up with brilliant strategies for clients, you’ll be getting stuck into new business, putting your strategic brain to work to think up the next big agency initiative that will get our voice heard. You will be the one to run towards a challenge, navigate complexity and take everything into account, all while holding a room with your presence. Hey, we never said it was easy!
We love people who love
- Asking the right questions
- Thinking outside of what’s expected
- Getting stuck into complex challenges
- Keeping creativity at the centre
- Building relationships
- Bringing energy to everything you do
- Pushing yourself and those around you to do the very best work
What you’ll do
- Get under the skin of our client’s businesses and understand their customers
- Undertake desk-based research and manage primary research with our clients and partners
- Design and facilitate client workshops and deliver insightful findings
- Work on strategic new business initiatives that may include writing white papers and thought pieces, or even podcasts and webinars
- Lead strategic projects that deliver transformational outcomes for our clients
- Extract insights and create the ‘big ideas’ that underpin campaigns and pitches
- Collaborate with the creative, digital, marketing and account management teams to deliver outstanding brand, creative and marketing campaigns
- Plan campaigns that stretch across the whole marketing mix
- Play a key role in new business pitches and proposal creation and delivery
- Explore our clients’ objectives and spot new business opportunities to deliver value
- Push the agency’s offering in new and exciting directions
Just checking that you have…
- At least three years’ experience as a strategist, ideally within a brand agency environment
- A track record of delivering successful strategy projects that cut through creatively
- Knowledge of the full branding process
- Ability to command a room of experienced marketers and business leaders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A mix of creative, analytical and technical know-how, while still being able to cut through the jargon
- Ambition to drive innovation across digital marketing platforms
- Appetite for a fast-moving agency environment
- Collaborative skills to be a team player through and through
- Public speaking experience
- New business experience
- A flair for writing about things you are passionate about
Curious about Curious?
Of course, we’re open to any questions you have about us. We feel sure you’ll have lots. To pre-empt a few…we’re a small, tight team and we genuinely love what we do. There are no scary people here, heads don’t roll and we don’t play the blame game. We care about creating an environment that brings out the best in people. We’re naturally curious and challenging and questioning which could explain why we attract wonderful projects, of all shapes, sizes and flavours, from all over the world.
How we look after you
At Curious, we give you POP. Here’s a little taste.
Package of Perks includes: •25 days off, excluding bank holidays • Company pension scheme • Company health care package • Cycle to work scheme • Curiosity budget •Training and development courses
Get in touch with your CV and a cover letter and tell us why we should be curious about you.