Curious is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What data do we collect?
While using our website or products, we may ask you to provide us with personal data that can be used to contact you or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Address, County, Postcode, City, Country
- Cookies and usage data
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by contacting us.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Curious with most of the Personal Data we collect. This is the case when you contact us with enquiries, submit forms on our website, provide feedback to us or subscribe to receive our marketing communications.
We also collect data using cookies and other similar, user behaviour technologies. When you visit our website we will collect information about your hardware, browser name, operating system, internet service provider, browsing activity and patterns. For more detailed information on the cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
We may also receive personal data about you from third parties and publicly available sources. This might include data provided by analytics providers, payment providers and technical service partners so that we can operate our website and provide our services.
How will we use your data?
Curious collects your data so that we can provide an enhanced online experience. We continually strive to improve our website, based on your user behaviour, feedback and information we receive from you. We use your information to process enquiries or respond to an expression of interest in one or more of our products and services. We also use your data to notify you about changes to our service, to provide customer support, to monitor usage of our service and to detect, prevent and fix technical issues.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list (managed through Mailchimp) you will receive emails that include company news, product and service information, updates and insights etc. You can unsubscribe at any time to our newsletter by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link found at the top of our emails to you.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We use third party service providers to help us operate our business, our website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
How do we store your data and for how long?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. The security of your data is important to us but unfortunately no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we do our best to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Curious would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request access to copies of your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request correction of any personal data you believe is inaccurate. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Curious erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Curious restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Curious transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Your acceptance of these terms
Last updated 6 August 2020